Behavioural Medicine is an interdisciplinary field concerned with:
- The development and integration of environmental, behavioural and biomedical knowledge relevant to health and disease
- The application of this knowledge to prevention, treatment and rehabilitation
The goals of UKSBM include:
- To encourage and promote exchanges of scientific information and professional experience between social, behavioural and clinical scientists, as well as practitioners
- To stimulate research and the development of research capacity through formal meetings and collaborative undertakings
- To raise the profile of behavioural medicine within UK science and health policy
- To develop and maintain liaison with the International Society for Behavioral Medicine and other related local, national and international Professional Organisations.
- The UK Society for Behavioural Medicine (UKSBM) works towards integrating knowledge of biology, behaviour and the environment to prevent and treat disease.
Please see details of our Annual Scientific Meeting.
Please see our membership information page.
UKSBM is a registered Charity No.1150669
If you require any information about the UKSBM, please send an email to the General Secretary of the UKSBM, or write to:
UK Society for Behavioural Medicine
c/o Dr Jean Adams
Institute of Health & Society
Newcastle upon Tyne
Phone: +44 (0) 191 222 8124
If you would like to post a link to a behavioural medicine-related job advert, please contact the Communication and Web Management Officer (firstname.lastname@example.org). To facilitate job postings, please send the following details of the post being advertised:
Short description of post (1 or 2 sentences):
Duration of post:
Web link to advert (or attach document):
Closing date for applications: