10th UKSBM Annual Scientific Meeting
East Midlands Conference Centre, Nottingham
Wednesday 3rd December 2014 – Thursday 4th December 2014
In association with the National Prevention Research Initiative (NPRI)
“Patients, Populations and Policy-makers: behavioural medicine in practice”
- “patients” suggests a focus upon the outcomes of individuals – e.g. patients with specific medical conditions, patient rehabilitation, self-management interventions, adherence and compliance, secondary prevention.
- “populations” suggests a focus upon epidemiology or population level outcomes – e.g. primary prevention, and a concern for the grand-narratives of public health – tobacco control, obesity, lifestyle behaviours.
- “policy-makers” suggests a focus on organisational, political, policy, or governance context of behaviour change and behavioural medicine – e.g. cost- effectiveness, organisational culture, organisational change.
The Society invites all behavioural and public health researchers, clinical practitioners, epidemiologists, health and clinical psychologists, medical sociologists, health economists, nurses, pharmacists and all other colleagues interested in the field of behavioural medicine to participate in this two day meeting. We will also be offering 2 pre-conference workshops.
UKSBM 2014 Programme 17 11 2014 (pdf, 364kb; subject to change – last updated 17 Nov 2014)
Confirmed Keynote Speakers
We are delighted to announce four confirmed keynote speakers:
- Professor John Britton, Professor of Epidemiology at The University of Nottingham and an honorary consultant in respiratory medicine at Nottingham University Hospitals;
- Karina W. Davidson, PhD, Professor in Medicine and Psychiatry and the Director of the Center for Behavioral Cardiovascular Health at Columbia University Medical Center;
- Professor Rona Moss-Morris, Professor of Psychology as Applied to Medicine and Head of the Health Psychology Section at the renowned Institute of Psychiatry, King’s College London;
- Professor Raj Bhopal, CBE, DSc (hon), MD, BSc, MBChB, MPH, FRCP(E), FFPH, Bruce and John Usher Professor of Public Health, Edinburgh University and honorary consultant in public health, NHS Lothian Board
Chair of Scientific Committee and Local Organising Committee: Holly Blake
Scientific Advisor to the LOC: Paul Aveyard
Members of the LOC: Tessa Langley, Shirley Thomas, Paul Leighton, Roshan Das Nair, Pippa Hemingway, Cin Mond Kong